Due to the current COVID-19 situation and the recent briefing from Dr. Strang and the Premier, we will be postponing the Walk Through Christmas Past for at least the next two weeks.
This means that the tickets to the event on November 28th & 29th and December 5th & 6th are cancelled. We hope to host some form of this event in mid-December after the two week shut-down, and if our volunteers are able. If the event is rescheduled, all current ticket-holders will be contacted first to rebook their time slot.
We have created a very safe, outdoor, magical experience and we really hope to offer this to you during the Holiday season.
Until then, please stay home and stay safe.
The Memory Lane Team
Walk Through Christmas Past: Illuminated Scenes of a 1940s Christmas
November 28th & 29th and December 5th & 6th
Timeslots are spaced in 5 minute increments between 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm
Tickets are now fully booked for this event.
If you’ve ever been mesmerized by the magical scenes in a snow globe, then you will love this twilight walk through Memory Lane Heritage Village. Look through the windows of the Village’s illuminated buildings and see real people in costume inside, getting ready for Christmas in the 1940s.
Pick up a mug of hot chocolate or mulled wine as you enter the Village, then stroll with your group along the lit paths. As you pass each building, peer through the windows and discover traditional Christmas scenes illuminated before you. You’ll find children practicing for the Christmas Pageant in the Schoolhouse, and holiday baking underway in the Webber home. What animals are being put to bed in the Barn? Many surprises await you on this physically distanced, holiday outing, including a chance to take a photo with our vintage red truck, just back from picking up a freshly cut Christmas tree down the road!
Admission is free, but cash donations are appreciated and will be split between the Eastern Shore Food Bank and Memory Lane Heritage Village.
PLEASE NOTE: Reservations are now fully booked for this event. Click on the link above to add your name to the waitlist.
We can book on someone’s behalf if they are struggling with the technology. Just give us a call at 902-845-1937 and leave a message with the date you would like to come and your preferred time. We will do our best to fit you into a time slot until reservations are full.
Please READ this CAREFULLY!
- Tickets are required to reserve a time slot
- 1 ticket = 1 group (maximum 10 people)
- A group is considered to be 1 to 10 people (adults and children combined) that are within your social "bubble". You can bring maximum 10 people, including yourself, to your booked time slot.
- Only one group per time slot, time slots will be spaced 5 minutes apart.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept walk-ins. A reservation is necessary even though admission is free.
- Please arrive at the entrance on-time (do not come early).
- Admission is by donation, cash donations will be collected at the entrance and exit.
- Please note that there are no washrooms or indoor spaces available for this event.
- Come prepared with flash light, warm clothes, and an umbrella if it is raining.
- The walk should take about 45 minutes to complete, including a photo opportunity at the end of the walk.
- Pets are not allowed on the Village grounds and smoking is prohibited.
- All standard Covid-19 Protocols will be in place.
- Groups of up to 10 must pre-register by reserving a free ticket (see ticketing details above)
- All visitors must wear a face covering within the Village grounds for this event unless eating or drinking as per provincial regulations for public spaces, even though this event will be held outdoors.
- Sorry, no washroom or indoor facilities available.
- Groups will need to remain distanced from each other, so we can ensure a safe experience for all.
Parking is available in the Memory Lane parking lot, but also across the road in the vacant lot at the corner of Highway 7 and Clam Harbour Beach Road. Bring a flashlight so you will be seen. This is a rain or shine event.
Thanks to our supporters including Councilor David Hendsbee, Jeddore Variety, Sobeys and those who wish to remain anonymous.
Time: 4:30pm to 6:30pm (Reservations Required)
Fee: Free Will Donation