Memory Lane Heritage Village is open Wednesday to Sunday from 9:30 AM until 4PM with extended hours on Thursdays, starting July 8th (see details)
PLEASE NOTE: The museum will be closed on July 1st for our Donut Drive-Thru celebrating the 21st birthday of Memory Lane Heritage Village. Learn More>>
Memory Lane Heritage Village re-opening falls under Phase 2 of the Provincial Re-opening Plan, so please check back once that stage has been reached for updates about our summer season and visitor hours. We are very excited to welcome you back to Memory Lane Heritage Village for 2021 and can't wait to see the museum full of visitors once again when provincial regulations allow!
How we are preparing for your visit:
- Increased sanitization procedures for all high-contact surfaces
- Additional hand-washing and hand sanitization centres have been set up throughout the Village
- Glass barriers have been placed at the cash in the Hosking Store and in the Cookhouse serving area
- Staff not separated from the public by glass will be wearing masks.
- Doors to buildings will be propped open whenever possible.
- We will have animals on-site this season, so please leave furry family members at home as pets are not allowed within the Village grounds.
- Certain areas of the Village, where sufficient social distancing is not possible will likely remain closed this season.
- Visitors will be instructed to wait for other groups or family bubbles to vacate a building (other than the Store or Cookhouse) before entering.
How you can prepare for a safe visit:
- If you are feeling unwell, please consider postponing your visit to protect our staff and other visitors.
- Follow all provincial regulations in place at the time of your visit.
- All visitors must wear masks, as per provincial health recommendations. (Handmade masks are available for purchase in our Gift Shop.)
- Make use of the hand sanitizer and hand washing stations provided throughout the Village.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines; allow six feet of distance between staff and other visitors.
- Enjoy our beautiful outdoor spaces as much as possible! Explore our garden, go for a swing behind the Schoolhouse, try your hand at the stilts in the field and let the kids play make-believe with our wooden hobby horses, and even enjoy an outdoor picnic.
What To Bring:
- A face mask - Bring your own, or purchase a handmade one in our Gift Shop.
- Hand sanitizer - There will be sanitizer on-site as well.
- A Picnic lunch – You can also purchase lunch (hot lunch or picnic-style) from our Cookhouse.
- Your phone – While on-site, use your phone to connect to our virtual tour which will enhance your physical tour of the Village. We also have iPads available which may be signed out during your visit. (These will be thoroughly sanitized following each use.)
When You Arrive:
- As always, enter through the Hosking Store. There are two designated registration stations on either side of the Store where you will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands in the washroom before completing a registration form. (The information you provide will only be shared with the Department of Health should contact tracing ever be required.)
- Should both stations be filled when you arrive, a Greeter will meet you in the parking lot with a registration form. You will be invited to enter once the other groups have left the Hosking Store.
- Once you have registered for your visit, you will be asked if you would like to purchase a hot lunch or a picnic lunch from our Cookhouse. As always, meals are to be paid for in the Store. No payments are accepted in the Cookhouse itself. You will receive a meal ticket to present to the Cook once you arrive in the Cookhouse.
- Washrooms are located in the Gift Shop (inside the Hosking Store). You may visit the Gift Shop before or after your tour of the Village. We accept cash, however we highly encourage the use of debit or credit cards for payment or donations.
When You Leave:
Please check to make sure other groups have left the Store before going back inside to exit the same way you arrived. Please adhere to social distancing guidelines while visiting the gift shop, the washrooms and the parking lot.
We want to assure you that your safety and personal enjoyment of our site are of the utmost importance to us. Should you have any questions about any of the above or anything else related to Covid-19, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 902-845-1937 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee: Admission by Donation